Make your site’s content personalized with Drupal modules
While filling in your web resource with content, pay attention to what Google considers to be high-quality content. Producing an original text rich with keywords and anchors is important for SEO. However, you must also think of the people in front of screens who are expected to read it and react to it. Get acquainted with your target audience by creating a user persona. Knowing who your users are allows you personalize your content for them. Drupal modules will help you identify the interests and preferences of your site visitors to deliver a personalized user experience.
Drupal modules that help personalize your site’s content:
The module provides the visitors of your site with content recommendations, which are created according to their browsing history. There are two types of recommendations are available.
- The first one looks like this: “Users who browsed this node also browsed.” It is displayed on every node’s page and is unchangeable for various users.
- The second type, “Recommended for you,” is more personalized because it is shown separately for each particular user. It can be based on users’ profiles and other specific data.
The Drupal module also helps you show content recommendations of two types on your website. However, these recommendations are based on vote data, obtained with the help of the Fivestar voting module.
- “Users who liked this also liked.” This is a list of nodes that have the same or similar Fivestar rating results.
- “Personal recommendations” suggest nodes to each current user, depending on what he or she has rated earlier.
If you are an online store owner, you should know the reasons why Drupal is the best open-source platform for e-commerce. There are many useful Drupal modules helping you successfully sell your products online. The Commerce Recommender module helps you gain more profit by advising your customers to buy more of your goods or services than they are already purchasing. It helps your potential consumers find more interesting products than they have found by themselves and does it in an easy and convenient way. When users select an item on your online shopping site, they can see these default views, which are able to be modified to meet your needs:
- “Users who ordered this product also ordered...”
- “Recommendations for you,” based on each user’s purchasing history.
The module allows you to personalize your site’s content for both known and unknown users with the help of extendable plugins and APIs. There are five key components in the process of personalization:
- Decision agents decide which fragments of content are to be displayed to which users, because users with different values should be shown different options. You can use module’s built-in decisioning feature as well as easily integrate with Acquia Lift service or any other third-party decision agent.
- Option sets are collections of content fragments from which decision agents have to choose.
- Executors expose options chosen from the option set that are initially hidden.
- Goals can be treated as actions taken by site visitors. They help evaluate each option’s performance. Based on goals, machine learning services can define user preferences to later match them with content, i.e. with options from the option set.
- Visitor context is information about site users that helps decision agents in their decision-making process.
This module works well for large-scale websites containing large amounts of content, but can work productively on any site. It provides implicit and explicit personalization, based on geolocation, search and taxonomy. The geographical location of users is determined from their IP addresses or with the help of HTML5 location API. As soon as the latitude and longitude is identified, the nearest term from the vocabulary for locations is given a score based on the user-site interactions. The keywords from Google and Bing search engines and from Drupal search are also matched with the taxonomy terms.
This way, you can choose what content to show to your site visitors based on where a particular user is situated and on what he or she was searching recently. The Personalization module can be used for displaying relevant personalized advertisement as well.
The right content, shown to the right user in the right form and at the right moment is a key to your effective content marketing strategy. Drupal modules and our team of Drupal experts will help you achieve this.