A short while ago, Drupal 8 was released as the newest version of the Drupal content management system, andmillions of sites owners using older versions began thinking about moving their resource to the new platform.
Drupal 8 is not just the newest, trendy option. The new system simply offers way more possibilities. And when it comes to stability, the difference is simply colossal. Finally, there is increased security, which makes it easier to avoid hacker attacks and viruses infecting software. You can learn more about the release here.
What are advantages of 8 compared to 7?
If you are still choosing between Drupal 7 and 8, look over the following list. The new CMS offers more than 20 key advantages such as:
- Adaptive design. What does this mean? Without getting into technical specifics, your Drupal 8 site will be properly displayed on the mobile devices without any additional manipulation. Moreover, the developers went even further! Now you can change settings and content directly from a mobile phone. Thee cost of developing new mobile software is reduced to zero, and updates are faster than ever.
- The set of design tools is increased. There are a ton of new options in Drupal 8 — colors, model dialogues, fonts and auto fill. The new tools allow you to create unique content different from the hundreds of other website pages full of monotonous text.
- Many more built-ins. Now the system is better integrated with lots of services. This allows you to process information much faster, highlighting all the best features and integrating them into the overall platform structure.
- The developers promised that the transition from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 will give the customers multilingualism, and they brought it into reality! Now the text can be read in one’s native language without using Google translator.
- View module provides fast and intuitive topics formation. The software suite has a huge number of templates, allowing you to change the appearance of the site in only two clicks.
- The built-in module is now responsible for creating fields.
Of course, these are not all the benefits of Drupal 8. Its technical component has changed substantially. But that's a topic for another article.
And what about disadvantages?
Despite the huge number of advantages offered by Drupal 8, it still has some disadvantages as well. One of the main disadvantages is that it has not completely adapted all of the previous version’s software modules. This seemingly insignificant fact may play a negative role in the stability and productivity of the new CMS. That is why when you move a site from one version to another, an experts’ help is important.
Why site owners apply to us?
Our service was created by InternetDevels, which has operatedin the IT-services market for 11 years. During this time, our programmers have implemented thousands the most complex transfers without loss of data and while keeping the stability of nucleus functioning. We guarantee the quality of our work and do everything as quickly as possible. Therefore, if you are still thinking about whether to move your site to Drupal 8, just write to us and Drudesk expert will explain the transfer process in all the details, tell you about the advantages and prices.
With our company moving Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 is an easy task. You will save time, money and get a first-class, latest generation CMS, with capabilities that no competitor has.