How to grow your LinkedIn group
Promoting your business on the Internet is an effective way to increase brand visibility and reach success. You can create your own website and improve its performance: make it multilingual and easy to navigate, provide a responsive design and increase the page speed. Social media integration can also bring positive results for business success.
LinkedIn is now the most popular social channel for business professionals worldwide. Having a LinkedIn group is a sure way to increase brand visibility and generate more leads. However, you can reach these objectives only when people “follow” your page. Here is a list of some effective tips to grow your Linkedin group and build a big follower base.
Ways to grow your Linkedin group
- Ask your employees to join LinkedIn and add your company as their current place of employment. When they do this, they will automatically become followers of your page. Your company’s logo will then display automatically on their personal profile page, encouraging click-throughs. This will help to drive more traffic to your page and grow your LinkedIn group.
- Promote the page outside the company. Link to the сompany page in all of your marketing communications like your emails, newsletters and blogs. If there are some heavy-hitters in your industry, invite them to engage with the community. Also invite past colleagues, partners, customers and other key audiences to join and start discussions. Leverage your existing network to get your group started. After all, who wants to join a group with no members?
- Make your profile publicly visible to everyone and follow other similar companies. Engage with their posts and share them. Many of them will do the same. In this way, you can grow your LinkedIn group as well.
- Share your LinkedIn company page on your profile in a form of a post once a month. This is a step you should take and encourage all your team members to do because this will attract more followers to your LinkedIn company page. To do this, copy the company page link and post an update. In such a way, you can invite your connections to like the page. You can also tag the company page in this update by writing @ before typing in your company page name.
- Promote the group on your website, blog, email newsletter, and social media networks. Make sure people know that you have a group and how to join. Although people don’t go to Twitter or Facebook for business benefit, it doesn’t mean you can’t attract them back to your LinkedIn. You can ask your Twitter followers or Facebook fans to follow your LinkedIn page. Give them the link simply announcing your page URL every once in a while between your usual value-added posts. Add an attractive call-to-action.
- Engage with your existing followers. People always like to share their opinions, so make sure they are heard. When your followers interact with your brand’s content on LinkedIn, acknowledge it. Like your followers’ reposts and be sure to respond to all comments, no matter whether they’re good or not. The more you engage with followers, the better your relationship with them becomes (they’re more likely to share their positive experiences with their colleagues).
- Post Job Openings. This is also one of the most efficient ways to grow your LinkedIn group. Every time someone posts a job opening on LinkedIn, the number of followers increase.
- The next tactics is a mass visit to the profile of your potential connections to get noticed. Use a tool called Dox Soup.
- Slideshare is a LinkedIn property and an effective way to grow your LinkedIn group. People also use this platform to find information on presentation topics which resonate with to them, so they can always end up back at your home page.
- Don’t forget about status updates. The LinkedIn status update can be a powerful way of sharing your knowledge, like tweets in Twitter. While only your LinkedIn connections will see your status update in their network updates, you can display your status update for public visibility so that those who visit your profile can see what you are saying.
- Share more infographics. Appropriate and beautiful graphics helps attract users, stand out in the news feed and grow your LinkedIn group. The image should resonate with your target audience. Insert a YouTube video or SlideShare presentation into the body of your article, if possible. But keep in mind that downloading videos on a mobile device may take a long time. This is important because 57% of LinkedIn users visit the platform via mobile devices.
- Publish long reads on LinkedIn. LinkedIn Pulse is a high-quality, easy-to-use platform for publishing long content. Although it's hard to attract the audience to your content, this will help you expand your business information, the technology you use, expertise on specific issues, and grow your LinkedIn group.
- Post your updates during the busiest hours. LinkedIn’s most active hours are morning and midday from Monday to Friday. To be more specific, at 07:30 - 08:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 05:00 - 06:00 p.m. (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Tuesday). This will ensure maximum reach.
LinkedIn groups are a great way to reach out and engage with potential customers. By using these smart tips, you will increase the number of your followers, improve your brand authority and grow your LinkedIn group. If you want to integrate your website with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram, ask for help the Drudesk team. They will establish a great connection with any social network.