Tips for getting more Instagram followers
What do the world-known successful brands have in common? What do you think?
They all have... a considerable number of Instagram followers! Though they work in different markets, brands like Nike, Zara, Starbucks and Mercedes-Benz, and influencers like Tony Robbins and Kayla Itsines have millions of Instagram followers.
Being one of the most popular social networking sites on the planet with over 800 million users, it’s no wonder that a majority of famous individuals and businesses are turning to the platform to increase the number of their fans. It is also a sure way to find new employees, showcase your company culture and enhance the credibility of the brand. If your aim is to reach out to a wider audience, you should start gathering your followers. Here are some ways to get Instagram followers fast.
8 easy tips on how to get more Instagram followers
- Follow others. Start with following random users in the "suggestions for you" section. Pretty soon, you’ll see that about one-third of those you follow will likely follow you back. Then unfollow those who don’t follow you. Don’t follow too many random users at once because you will lose track. Follow three accounts a day.
- Like a lot of posts. A great expression for this: “If you want to grow your account by a few hundred followers a day, the best way to accomplish it is to randomly like thousands of images a day.” This simple tip will help you get more instagram followers.
- Maybe the most important thing to do every day is to reply on comments and answer questions. Make your audience feel the interaction with you. Prove you’re a live person that can be trusted. Get closer to your readers by communicating with them on a daily basis.
- Come up with a commenting strategy. “Likes” are great, but comments are everything. While it’s the positive sign to your company when followers post comments (it means you’re hitting the target and engaging your audience), the opposite is valuable as well. Take the time to leave a positive comment on somebody’s image. By doing this, you will increase your chances of getting a new follower. Start by searching for a relevant hashtag. Leave a comment on photos posted within the last day or two. Comment on photos with fewer than five other comments (to make sure your comment is seen and appreciated). Leave at least three comments on a daily basis.
- The key lies in planning your posts. Try to post every day and do not leave gaps. At least one post per day is good, but posting more (two or three times) is preferable. You can also make a system and post on particular hours. To do this, you should investigate which time is better for your page.
- One more thing is to provide eye-catching content. Find out what is liked and create awesome captions. That is a definite key to engage more followers and gain success on Instagram.
- Use geo-tagging. Instagram’s photo maps feature lets users see the pictures that were taken from a certain location. If you enable geotagging on your images, you can be part of this map. Post at least once a day (two or three times is even better) and at the optimal time (based on your own research).
- More hashtags. Hashtags are also among the efficient Instagram tips and tricks for business. They not only allow you to find and connect with like-minded people, but also help other people to find you, which is the ultimate goal. Every day, spend a few minutes researching hashtags (and add them to your list). Use at least 11 hashtags on each post. When you post a photo, make sure you hashtag words relevant to the picture. This will place your photos under each hashtag category and open more avenues to followers.
Instagram new features
Using newly launched features on Instagram is also a good way to gain attention from your audience. This shows that you keep up with the latest trends and provide content that not everyone does. Here is a brief description of fresh Instagram updates you should benefit from.
Instagram IGTV for more followers
Launched in June, the new feature has already got a lot of popularity and satisfied feedbacks from its usage. The peculiarity is that it is aimed at vertical videos (which annoyed YouTubers so much). It is an analogue of Instagram Stories, but much more extended. The allowed length for video for most accounts is up to 10 minutes, but verified or large ones may be able to afford posting a video up to 1 hour long.
Answer questions in Instagram stories and get more followers
A new feature, adding a question sticker to your stories, is appreciated by many Instagram users. This encourages social interaction with your existing followers and, at the same time, attracts new ones. The feature is liked because it is totally anonymous, and the user name is not shown on responses. Moreover, you can gather feedbacks and get ideas on what to improve on your account!
Adding post to your Stories
This new feature is a win-win situation as it helps to both attract new followers and promote your post. Moreover, it gives an opportunity to share posts you liked. By the way, the posts are clickable so that your followers may visit your account immediately and press the “Follow” button:).
Whether your goal is to improve brand awareness or have good sales of your products or services, an Instagram account can help you get a huge, engaged audience.
Use these Instagram tips and tricks for business and you will be surprised with the number of followers in the nearest future. If there are still any questions left, feel free to contact the Drudesk team. We have plenty of new ideas on how to improve your web presence, particularly in social media.