Do you know the best way to direct your E-Commerce business to the next level? Make a product video! Easy as it sounds, just grab a camera and begin recording.
Our Drupal company shares some insights into the usage of E-commerce product videos. According to statistics, 90% of users find seeing them helpful when making a decision to purchase online and 64% of consumers say that they are more likely to buy something online after watching a video. It often happens that visitors leave your online shop without buying. Simple fact: adding digital ad to your website will make visitors stay longer and look through more web pages. This, in turn, will help your conversion rates grow.
Here’s a little more about product videos and how they are important for your E-commerce business.
What is a product video?
First things first. What is a product video used for? It effectively demonstrates the benefits of a product. It focuses not only on the features, but also concentrates on how the brand relieves the pain points the consumers may encounter. Such video allows to present your business and contact your target market for sales and promotional purposes.
Benefits of using E-commerce product videos for business
Google loves it!
Most Google search results retrieve a mix of upshots that include video, image, news, maps, and other types of media. Having a brand video gives you an additional chance to rank higher, especially if your competitors are not using such technique in their E-commerce.
Incorporating digital ads will increase your chances of appearing at the top of a Google search query.
Video is more shareable and clickable
What type of content do you share the most? Research shows that people are more likely to share digital content rather than text. When people ‘like’ or ‘share’ content on social media, their network of friends also see it. This kind of exposure is excellent for raising performance on your platform.
Video turns visitors into buyers
Actually seeing the product in use helps people imagine using it themselves. What could be a stronger argument for persuading a purchase? Excitement is a feeling that plays an essential role in making a purchasing decision and vastly boosts perceived value.
Watching a video takes little effort and can be really captivating. People rarely enjoy reading lengthy descriptions or posts. Video allows consumers to fully engage and they are far less likely to ignore information they would probably otherwise skip in boring tet.
How to create E-commerce product video?
Follow these easy steps to make a product video:
- Start with a plan.
- Decide on the budget.
- Establish its length.
- Create a mobile-friendly video.
- Find people who know their business in recording and production.
- Share and promote it on social media.
To create an awesome product video, you need to include the following things:
- Tell a story.
- Use engaging narrations and dialogues.
- Make a simple but effective story that explains the benefits and brand values in a unique way.
- Keep it short. Make sure that it doesn’t exceed 30 seconds, especially when it is meant for sharing on social media.
- Make it people-oriented. Try not only explain the benefits of the brand but also show emotions and provoke feelings.
Some interesting stats about E-commerce product videos
- Almost 50% of internet users look for product or service videos before visiting a store. (Google)
- On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without it. (Wistia)
- 59% of executives say that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video. (Wordstream)
- Video ads have the highest average click-through rate of all digital ad formats — 1.84%. (Business Insider)
- 80% of users can recall a digital ad that they have seen in the last 30 days. (Single Grain)
- Video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%. (Unbounce)
- 58% of consumers believe that companies with digital ads can be trusted. (Animoto)
Grab a camera right now!
All of the above mentioned facts show that E-commerce product videos are important for your business. They help boost performance, raise conversion rates and optimize your E-commerce platform for more purchases.
Don’t hesitate! You should be saying: “Lights. Camera. Action!” to a product video today. If you need any help or support with implementing E-commerce video into your online store, you are more than welcome to contact Drupal maintenance company right now.