So many prestigious universities and educational institutions have chosen Drupal as the foundation for their project. Do you want to join them?
Drupal, one of the most flexible online platforms, is a great choice for different kinds of education websites. This content management system was build to simplify the work of developers as well as ordinary people during website building or web content creation.
Besides its open source code, Drupal is rich on highly-refined software modules. Drupal modules improve the functionality of the website and make it more flexible. Drupal modules contain features necessary to create a practical and effective website.
Drupal Modules for Education-Related Websites
- Views. Views allows you to organize and showcase your content differently. For instance, if you need to create lists of class assignments, or if you want to allow administrators to do some particular routines on a web-page, you can use this module.
- WYSIWYG. “What You See Is What You Get” editor is designed to simplify a work of content editors. If you equip Drupal with this module, administrators can focus their attention on content creation — like blog posts, news updates, etc.
- Views Slideshow. Views Slideshow module can create a slideshow of any content and not only images that can appear in a View. User can have a number of images or any other components presented in a slideshow.
- Display Suite. Control your content using a drag and drop interface. The updated version of Display Suite module allows you use Twig for layouts and Search API pages as an alternative for the search functionality. Its templates are customized to fit your platform's unique branding, so your educational website content is always consistent.
- Calendar. This module is incredibly useful for schools and universities, since it provides its users with more than just a simple image of month, days or weeks. Using Calendar module you will be able to create a convenient resource for compiling various school events or holidays.
- Simplenews. Simplenews was developed specifically for publishing and delivering newsletters to subscribers. It enables teachers in schools or universities to keep in touch with students and engage them into university life.
- Features. This module creates "packages" of the settings that can be shared among different sites. When a developer wants to copy a content type or a view or some settings from one site to another, he will need this module.
- Panels. The Panels module allows a site administrator to create customized layouts for multiple uses. At its core it is a drag and drop content manager that lets you visually design a layout and place content within that layout.
- Media. The Media module provides an extendable framework for managing files and multimedia assets. It is mostly useful for online education platforms because it allows them to easily host a wide array of multimedia learning tools on the resource.
- Quiz. This module provides tools for authoring and managing quizzes through Drupal. For example, you can use this module for creating multiple test quizzes for students. All of the scores will be saved in the database.
- Five Star. The Five Star module allows users to rate content. You can apply it when you want the students to vote on which pages they found most useful in their course.
- Organic groups. It’s really good for allowing users to create their own groups and administer their own enrollments in that group. An example of usage would be a teacher wants different student groups to collaborate on separate project. Later on the instructor could give access to all the groups to allow the students to see what each group had accomplished.
- Quizlet. Quizlet allows you to create an immense vocabulary database. It provides students with ability to study lists of words and perform various interesting vocabulary activities.
All of these modules make Drupal an attractive CMS option for schools and higher educational institutions. Drupal is a truly outstanding tool for just about any university website!
Our Drudek team implies innovative solutions and can help you to move your educational or any other website into another level with necessary contributed Drupal modules.