We’ve already discussed Drupal 8 modules that were available in February. Now it’s time to outline contributed modules for Drupal 8 in March and April. Let’s get started!
10 Must Have Drupal 8 Modules for 2016
- The first module we are going to talk about is Taxonomy Menu. With the help of Taxonomy Menu you can easily transform your taxonomy vocabularies into menus! This module has been modernized for Drupal 8. Now, code is more simple maintainable.
- The second one is Entity API. Generally, this module extends the entity API of Drupal core to provide a way to deal with entities and their properties. Entity API also simplifies the creation of new entity types.
- Chaos Tool Suite or Ctools was created to improve the developer experience. Using this module you can easily manage panel pages. It includes such tools as plugins, AJAX responder, CSS tools, and much more.
- Pathauto is yet another wonderful Drupal module. It generates the path for various types of contents available such as nodes, users, terms, taxonomy, etc.
- The next module has a well-known name: it’s Google Analytics. The module adds the Google Analytics web statistics tracking system to the website. When you integrate Google Analytics module, it will give lots of new features to your site like single domain tracking, downloads monitoring, site search support and many more.
- The Field Collection module provides a field-collection field, to which any number of fields can be attached. To put it simply, Field Collection allows you to collect some fields together into a group. You can then re-use those fields for multiple content types, users, comments or whenever you add fields.
- If you want to import content and user data into Drupal, there is no better option than the Feeds module. It aggregates data as nodes, users, taxonomy terms or simple database records.
- The Diff module lets you view the difference between node revisions. It adds a tab on every node page where you can see a list of revisions which you can control via permissions.
- All the features can be effortlessly managed in Drupal. The Features module has been rewritten from scratch for Drupal 8. In a brand new version you will find many enhancements, however, user interface will be quite familiar to you.
- If you want to design your site with incredible precision, install Context module and you will be able to organize your content using any combination of Drupal tools. Context allows you to manage contextual conditions for different portions of your site. Each context represents a "section" of your site (it can be various blocks or boxes).
You can read more detailed information about each and every Drupal 8 module on the official website.