The importance of chatbots for business in 2020
A few years ago digital marketing was all about apps, and most of the companies tried to develop one for their business. But a new player has recently come into the spotlight: the chatbot. It became one of the top e-commerce trends in 2017 and is still gaining its popularity.
Why are chatbots so popular? Is this just a hype or a revolutionary innovation? Do you need a chatbot for business? Today Drupal website maintenance team explores this problem and explains why your business definitely needs a chatbot.
What are chatbots?
A chatbot is a computer program or artificial intelligence (AI) designed to hold a conversation with human users. You can find chatbots everywhere, from smartphone apps for personal use to the company’s business website. A well-optimized chatbot is not only the powerful e-commerce trend in 2019 but also a tool to boost conversions.
Common types of chatbots
There are two main types of chatbots:
- Simple (scripted) — the most primitive type of chatbots. Conversations with this type can only go in predefined directions. It means you get a programmed response to the question you ask. The main purpose of simple chatbots is to automate customer service processes, such as booking a room or making a purchase. The chatbot in H&M is an example of a simple type:
- Intelligent — an artificial intelligence that allows the bot to give more flexible responses to the customer’s questions. This type of chatbot learns from each conversation and uses the experience to answer further questions. However, the AI still cannot lead the conversation or understand complex contexts. Let’s look at Mitsuku, for example:
Chatbots for business: statistics
- 48% of users would rather connect with a company via live chat than any other mean of communication
- 95% of consumers believe 'customer service' is going to be the major beneficiary of chatbots
- chatbots can save businesses up to £6 billion per year
- 27% of US adults would buy basic items through a chatbot
- banks could automate up to 90% of their interactions with chatbots by 2022
- 96% of businesses believe chatbots are here to stay
Why your business needs a chatbot?
Chatbots can be developed to complete certain tasks depending on the type of website you have. Any business can benefit from a chatbot, and here’s how.
- substitute the emails — you can use chatbots to keep in touch with the customers instead of writing hundreds of emails.
- add interactivity — chatbots benefit business by making it more pleasant for users to surf through your website. Your customers will feel that you care about them. Hubspot admits, that 47% of consumers would buy items from a chatbot.
- create personalized user experience — with the help of chatbots you can turn chatting into a human-like conversation, offer products to the customers according to their previous orders and help choose an item that fits best.
- retarget marketing — very often customers add products to their shopping cart but never end up buying them. This is where retargeting comes in: a reminder about the items user wanted to buy. No more spam emails with retargeting! Use a chatbot to text your customer something like ‘Hey! Your cart is waiting for you!’
2. Banking & Finance
- alerts and notifications — a chatbot can let you know when any unusual activity happens to your bank account to determine whether you performed that action. It can also remind you about upcoming charges, fees, payments, and much more.
- customer service — banking & finance involves many complicated processes that are difficult to understand by average users. Save your time by creating a chatbot that answers users’ burning questions 24/7.
- tips and suggestions — chatbots can help customers to spend money more efficiently. For example, they can send notifications about subscriptions users don’t use anymore but still pay for, and suggest that they unsubscribe.
- automate routine processes — with the help of chatbots you can automate repetitive bank processes.
3. Travel & Tourism
- give recommendations — let the chatbot know about the places near your hotel, and users can use it to ask where to have breakfast or what the must-see places are in the city.
- 24/7 customer service — don’t make your customers wait for hours for an answer about transportation or room availability. Your business needs a chatbot to be available to clients around the clock.
- provide automated services — use chatbots to let customers order room service or a bottle of wine without calling the reception desk.
- engage users into the conversation — chatbots can analyze what the customer has written before and create personalized content based on this. For example, when a person orders a ticket to Orlando, they can also be offered options to book a taxi, receive information about room availability in partnering hotels or suggestions about places of interest.
4. Customer Service
- automate frequently asked questions — the business owners burden is that customers rarely read the FAQ page and ask the same questions again and again. Your business needs a chatbot to deal with those common questions and let your employees do something more useful.
- differentiate questions that should be redirected to a real person — chatbots can’t fully substitute for a real person. A chatbot can grade a question and redirect complex issues to human assistants.
- send reminders to the patients — chatbots can send reminders to take medicine, drink water, remember upcoming appointments and so on.
- provide self-care and self-monitoring — help your patients track their health. For example, a patient can take his body measurements (temperature, weight, pulse, etc.) and give it to the chatbot. AI can analyze all the data, suggest a special diet, exercises, alert if the measurements are not usual for you and offer to schedule an appointment with the doctor.
- get patients’ data online — forget about long interviews and hundreds of blank spaces to fill out. Answering the questions online with the help of chatbot is much easier. AI can keep track of the records and analyze important patients’ information. In such a way doctors will receive a patients’ data by simply typing an ID number.
Develop a chatbot for business with Drudesk!
Boost your website by using chatbots for business and take advantage of this revolutionary and helpful technology. We encourage you to contact Drudesk to start discussing your product today.