Drupal has gained worldwide recognition as a feature-rich and versatile content management system. It was created by experts in the field, so newcomers prefer to bypass this CMS, as only the professionals can fully evaluate it. This, however, gives the system undeniable advantages.
Advantages of Drupal
- Free use and open source code. Drupal would have still been popular had it been commercial. But the fact that this CMS is completely free allows it to compete with other similar products - such as Joomla and WordPress. In addition, the system code is open, which allows the user to rebuild it according to their needs.
- Focus on professional webmasters. Drupal was originally developed with the idea that mainly professionals will be using it., This is the main advantage of the system and distinguishes it among its major competitors.
- Plenty of room for creativity. With the help of Drupal web developers have the ability to create resources, neglecting the difference between the complex and original designs. This significantly distinguishes Drupal from its main CMS free competition, which cannot boast this ability to create complex designs.
- High speed. As compared to other CMS Drupal, due to the built-in caching has the best speed.
- A rich set of modules. Because the source code is open, as in any free CMS, Drupal has the ability to improve and extend its functionality by adding additional modules.
- The presence of additional functions. Due to the presence of the built-in queries, forums, and multi-blogs, any project created with the help of Drupal gets a good start.
- Security. Unlike its free competitors, this system has increased its protection so it does not break down so easily.
- Professional online community. Although there are more fans of Joomla and WordPress, the online community of Drupal has a large number of professional programmers.
The above-mentioned advantages allow comfortable working with the structure and content of the site easily and quickly adapted and possibilities of CMS coding for specific needs of the customer site, and then to extend and supplement them. If you create sites on Drupal you will experience the full potential of a website.
Disadvantages of Drupal
A certain stiffness of the system is often an advantage but, admittedly, can also be a disadvantage. Listed are a few of the downsides of Drupal that can make the system inconvenient.
- The difficulty with familiarization. For those users who have not previously built a site, the creation and promotion of a site using Drupal can be difficult. While it will not take long to master the basic functions of the system, to fully understand it may take you several months.
- Advanced interface. Professional construction systems make Drupal difficult to master. Due to its complex interface, it is not very intuitive.
- High system requirements. Before turning to the use of this CMS, you must be prepared to forget about cheap fares and pay an expensive hosting fee.
- The lack of high-quality designs in free access. Most users of the system are engaged in self-development designs for their projects. This leads to a shortage of quality topics for the site design.
- Difficulty in the installation of updates and program modules. This system is complicated for those web developers who previously had to deal with a simple CMS, as the installation of updates and additional modules in the Drupal software is made through FTP.
Get professional Drupal support
To summarize, we can say that this system is the perfect choice for webmasters who want to create a website without attachments, but who is well versed in programming languages. For beginners, this resource is very complex and is not conducive for rapid learning. Therefore, when speaking about the advantages and disadvantages of Drupal, it’s important to focus on professional programmers and content managers.